Last updated: 26/10/2023
We host and maintain this website on behalf of a franchisee or fulfillment partner. For information about their privacy practices, please see below.
WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Information Collected About You
You may provide us with certain information in connection with a transaction or in your interactions with our websites and at our locations. We collect the following types of personal information from you:
- Your name, contact information, date of birth, driver's license number and expiration date and emergency contact information;
- Vehicle rental information, including the location of where the vehicle is rented, date of rental, type of rental and your preferences;
- Your credit card details, online user account details, membership/corporate ID numbers, passport information and frequent flyer or travel partner affiliations
- Claims information related to details of accidents involving our vehicles, including that of any third parties such as involved individuals witnesses, and police reports, and insurance details.
- Information about relevant health conditions you have that assist us in providing you with adaptive driving devices; or related to claims involving injuries
As a franchisee of Enterprise Holdings, Inc. and/or any of its operating subsidiaries (“Enterprise”), to support global booking systems Enterprise may share with us your reservation and booking information. For these transactions, we and Enterprise are independent data controllers. We also share information about you with Enterprise, as described below in the section titled “Who We Share Information With”.
Third Parties may provide us with information about you, including: Referral sources, such as third party online booking sites (who provide us general contact information and a booking confirmation number to facilitate the rental), your employer (general contact information), and your insurance provider (general contact and policy information).
- Hotel, airline and membership clubs, who provide us your general contact information and booking information.
- Credit reporting agencies or other fraud prevention providers, provide us with identity-related information.
- Service Providers, such as customer support (customer service-related information and enquiries made by you) and marketing providers (information to assist us to better communicate our products and services).
Websites or Mobile Applications Information
When you visit our sites or mobile applications we collect web logs, device identifiers, IP address and operating system information
Location-based information or location markers from your mobile device or based on your IP address may be collected and used to provide you with notifications related to our locations, return information, local offers or other information that we think will be helpful in providing you with better services. With your consent, our application will utilize your device's camera. If you have allowed us to utilize your location information or your device's camera in the past and wish to revoke the permissions, please change the settings on your device.
Our vehicles may be equipped with technology that collects and transmits data. ("Vehicle Data Systems"). This may include information collected from event data recorders, global positioning devices, Infotainment systems, OnStar systems, or any other similar technology. Some or all Vehicle Data Systems functionality will be active during rental periods.
Infotainment Systems and Vehicle Manufacturer Apps
If you pair a mobile device with our vehicles’ navigation or infotainment systems and choose to use OnStar, Apple CarPlay, Android Auto or other similar third-party software or services on the vehicle, personal information and other data may be transferred from the mobile device and stored on these systems. We cannot guarantee the privacy or confidentiality of such information. You should delete all such personal information and other data from these systems before the vehicle is returned to avoid subsequent occupants of the vehicle accessing this information.
If you download a mobile app made available by a vehicle manufacturer or other third party and register the vehicle in that app, your use of the app may result in the sharing of telematics data and other information (including location information and personal information) with the vehicle manufacturer or other third party. Your use of these apps is strictly governed by the third-party mobile apps’ terms and conditions and privacy policies. Before the vehicle is returned, you should either remove the app from your mobile device or delete the vehicle from the app.
We are not responsible for any data that is left in the vehicle as a result of your use. We cannot guarantee the privacy or confidentiality of such information and you must wipe it before you return the vehicle to us.
In the European Union, our vehicles are required to be equipped with eCall technology, which is activated if your vehicle is involved in an accident. eCall will automatically call and provide information regarding the accident to emergency services. We will also use, disclose and have access to this information.
Telematics Data will be shared with emergency service providers, others who assist in responding to an accident, telematics service operators or those with whom we have a legal or contractual obligation to provide such data.
We are collecting data only from our renters, who must be adults.
How We Use Information About You
We use the information we collect from you or about you to provide you with our services and for the following purposes:
- To assist the transactions that you request, such as reserving, renting, purchasing or leasing motor vehicles.
- To provide customer service related to your interactions with us or to respond to your enquiry.
- To enroll you in our loyalty programmes and send non-promotional information relating to your ongoing membership of these programmes.
- To share information about your vehicle's location with emergency services in the event that you are involved in a road accident.
- To share information with government and regulatory authorities when required by law or in response to legal process, obligation, or request.
- To communicate important information about your rental, such as arrival and return alerts.
- To assist us in providing better products and services: for example, to evaluate the performance of our staff, to assess the quality of products and services received and to help us improve our websites, facilities and services.
- To compile statistics and analysis about our customers' use of our websites, products and services.
- To develop a profile of you and your interactions with us so that we can provide tailored offers, opportunities and services that may be of interest to you.
- To protect our legal rights and manage the security of our networks and property. For example, we will use CCTV to ensure the security of our premises and we maintain Do Not Rent lists of customers that are non-payment or safety risks.
- To share your information with third parties in order to prevent fraud and protect our business interests and rights, privacy, safety and property, or that of the public. We will do this to collect unpaid bills, to avoid liability for penalties you incur (e.g. traffic citations) and for claims processing purposes.
- To share your information with third parties in order to permit us to pursue available remedies or limit damage that we may sustain and to enforce the terms of any rental agreement or our websites' terms and conditions. To share your information with third parties in order to prevent fraud and protect our business interests and rights, privacy, safety and property or that of the public. We will do this to collect unpaid bills, to avoid liability for penalties you incur (e.g. fixed penalty notices for driving offences) and for claims processing purposes.
- To share your information with third parties in order to permit us to pursue available remedies or limit damage that we may sustain and to enforce the terms of any rental agreement or our websites' terms and conditions. We will also disclose your information to third parties if the rights of another individual may be violated.
- o To enable us to use telematics.
- To send you certain promotional or targeted marketing communications, opportunities and services that may be of interest to you.
- To send you text messages in order to provide you with time sensitive communications related to your transaction (e.g., construction delay at airport branch), extended rental opportunities, customer experience surveys, marketing promotions such as coupons, discounts, last-minute specials or loyalty and rewards information.
Retention of Your Personal Information
We retain your personal information for as long as we need to fulfil our business purposes
- Marketing purposes: We keep data linked to cookies and other online identifiers for up to 3 years. We keep other marketing information, such as email subscription and loyalty enrolment data for up to 3 years after your last interaction with us.
- Rental transactions: We keep the data associated with your rental agreement for up to 5 years from the date of the rental, subject to other local legal requirements. We keep records of payments you have made for 5 years from the date of the transaction (depending on the location of the rental). We keep the data associated to claims involving our renters or other individuals for the life of the claim and up to 5 years from conclusion of our obligation, subject to other legal requirements
- Customer service-related queries: We keep general queries for 5 years, unless you make a complaint, in which case, we keep complaints data for 5 years.
- Disputes & law enforcement: If we are involved in litigation or a governmental or regulatory investigation, then we keep data throughout the period of litigation or investigation and for 5 years after that. If a settlement means that we have to keep data for longer, then we keep data for the period required to administer the settlement. If we provide data to law enforcement agencies, then we keep a record of this for one year beyond the end of the investigation.
Who We Share Information With
We share the information we collect about you with our affiliates (“Affiliates”) for the purpose of providing the transactions you have requested and (with your consent) for marketing purposes.
Enterprise We share your personal information with Enterprise for the following purposes:
- To manage and facilitate global reservations
- Rental information for Enterprise and its third-party service provider to carry out customer satisfaction surveys.
- To compile statistics and analysis about the use of Enterprise’s products and services, including statistics based on anonymized data, which enable Enterprise to provide you and other customers in the future with better customer service, products, features and functionalities.
Our Service Providers and Business Partners We will share your data with third parties, payment, administrative and technical support providers or our insurance replacement, corporate rental or other customers or partners to facilitate the rental transaction and rewards programs with Enterprise Holdings group members,
- companies who conduct customer research or satisfaction surveys on our behalf,
- communication providers which send email and other marketing and service-related communications to you on our behalf,
- customer support providers, to provide you customer service,
- debt collection providers,
- claims processors,
- analytics and technology providers to analyze, enhance and manage our data in order to provide, maintain, and improve our services, and
- our advertising and marketing partners, including any third-party media properties, for digital advertising purposes (subject to confidentiality agreements as appropriate).
Your personal information may also be shared with government authorities as outlined above.
Sale, Merger or Change in Control
Your information may also be transferred to another company in the event of a transfer, change of ownership, reorganization or assignment of all or part of our businesses or assets. This will occur if the parties have entered into an agreement under which the collection, use and disclosure of the information is limited to those purposes of the business transaction, including a determination whether or not to proceed with the business transaction. You will be notified by email or prominent notice on our websites for thirty (30) days of any such change in ownership or control of your personal information or as otherwise may be required or permitted by law.
Social Media Widgets
Global Data Transfers and Processing
The information we collect may be transferred or accessed by entities around the world, including:
· Enterprise: Reservation and rental information is transferred to Enterprise Holdings, Inc. based in the United States. Enterprise does so in accordance with European Commission-approved standard contractual clauses (or other similar standard as applicable to your country).
· Franchisees/Fulfillment Provider/Corporate-Owned Locations: If you book a reservation to be fulfilled by a franchisee or fulfillment provider in another country or an Enterprise corporate-owned location (e.g., in the United States, Canada, Germany, Spain, France, Ireland and the United Kingdom), we will transfer your personal information to that franchisee, fulfillment provider, or Enterprise operating subsidiary in that country in order to facilitate your requested transaction.
· Third Party Service Providers: We utilise third party service providers who are located outside the countries where we have corporate-owned locations, such as call centre support, claims processors and IT providers. When we transfer your personal information to our third-party service providers who are located outside the country in which we are based.
Your rights may include the right to: 1) ask us for a copy of your personal information, 2) request that we correct your personal information, 3) request that we erase certain categories or types of information, 4) request that we restrict certain processing, 5) obtain the information you provide in a structured, machine-readable format and 6) to transfer some of this information to other organizations.
You can exercise these rights by contacting us directly using the link or contact information at the bottom of this page. We will respond to your request as required by local law.
We reserve the right not to allow access to your information or to limit your rights (if such disclosure is prohibited by law or if the rights of another individual might be violated). In some instances, this may mean that we are able to retain your personal information even if you withdraw your consent.
You have the right to object to direct marketing as well as profiling we perform for the purposes of direct marketing. You will be able to opt out of direct marketing communications by following the instructions in each communication you receive. You may also contact us directly using the link at the bottom of this page.
You can opt out of display ads you see on non-Enterprise sites by clicking on ad choices icon in the ad or through the privacy settings on the site.
Changes To These Policies
DATA CONTROLLER CONTACT INFORMATION
If you are making a rental, or visiting a website or mobile site, in the following countries, the data controller will be listed as below.